Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Shattered



Dh has just walked in from work yesterday and I came in from the garden, when we heard a loud pop and saw our bottom pain of our french door shattering. It went on for a good few hours as the glass kept shattering.

The glazier came and looked and made it safe for just now and we'll get 2 new pains as it's just the outdoor pain which has smashed. Looks like it was just a tension thing. We thought someone had fired a shot at us and dh was standing not far from the door or else thrown a stone.

Made up realise we need new windows as it could happen to them. And it ruined our afternoon as we had planned to go to the funfair. We'll just have to go another day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks a bit scary, would frighten the life out of me if that happened. Alexander knocked the glass chopping board off the worktop once and I swear I never knew glass could go so far. It was little neat squares, but I found them in the strangest of places for days after.