Came home from work last week with a banging headache. Nothing would shift it and 2 days later I woke up with a high temperature, sore throat, dry mouth and generally feeling dreadful. Turned out I had a throat infection. The antibiotics kicked in after around 24 hours but the headache continued and after a a call to NHS24, I was taken by ambulance to the A&E department.
The place was heaving as they have an ambulance section and the walk in section. Both sides were busy. 3 of the 17 bays were taken up by drunks who kept leaving the bays, being abusive then throwing up everywhere. 2 old ladies were left in the corridor on trolleys while these 3 men staggered about being pains in the rears. I got a bay after an hour of waiting, only to be stuck next to the 14 year old who'd drank bleach cos her mum took her TV out her room for skiving school. I then had to listen to her wailing "But no one loves me!" While her mum and brother read her the riot act about her behaviour. By the time I was being seen by a doctor around 2 hours into me arriving, she was running about the department and giggling with her younger brother. I do take my hat off to mum as she never once shouted. She kept her calm the whole time.
After being examined by 2 doctors they both agreed it was the muscles in my neck caused by the fibro. Sent home after 3 hours with no pain relief and told to get on with it.
On Friday things got worse and I was in a lot of pain. So phoned around the osteopaths and managed to get an appointment for Monday.
Saturday, things were starting to improve. My mum took the kids over night and then we went out for chinese with D's mum and dad. The amusement at me getting spare ribs as my main course caused some laughter but they were so good. Went home for a nice sleep.
At 7.30am the phone rang. It was my mum. My great uncle had suffered a stroke and she needed to go to the hospital. So I ended up looking after 4 kids all day. We did a BBQ for tea as it was easier than trying to cook something else with all the fussiness.
Monday was a lazy day before my Osteopath appointment. We went to my mums and I walked down the road. Then had 45 minutes of shock and things easing up. I walked up the road turning my neck from side to side.
Tuesday was a lazy morning and D coming home poorly as he had come down with a cold. Managed to take the kids to Saughton Park for 3 hours. Was shattered after that.
Wednesday MIL took the kids and I had a chill out.
Thursday was a lazy day until I went back to the Osteopath. Then we went out for dinner.
Today we had friends round and then Maccy D's for lunch before snoozing all afternoon.
We should have been going to Inverness for the weekend but we're now at home but have a few things planned. Should be good.
Happy Easter to you all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment