Sunday, October 21, 2007

It's been a while

It's been over a month since I last blogged. Life as a working mum as well as having 2 children in full time education has been hard to get to grips with. It's nice to be back at work but I truly am hating the supply side of it. I want to be working as part of a team where I get to do my job, get to know the children and enjoy things again. I hate being in a new nursery every week, being asked "are you newly qualified?" cos they have never seen me before cos I am bad for staying close to home.

Homework has become a daily factor here. On a Monday Eilidh does a worksheet. She's more than capable of doing it herself but needs a blether to do it with. Murray usually has reading and a letter to practice. I've worked out. Do Murray's reading in the playground while we wait for Eilidh. Then it's just Eilidh to sort out when we get home. Tuesday both have reading but Murray can do his when we get home and Eilidh does her reading after french.. Wednesday only Murray to do reading. Thursday, this is my hard day *sigh*. I collect both children at 3.15pm as Murray has french. But neither child will wait their turn and I usually have them shouting their reading loudly across the room at me, each trying to be louder than the last.

We celebrated 9 years of marriage on the 17th. I was in bed with a chest infection and so missed my meal out to McKenzies. Was gutted. Hopefully we'll make it before December, but it's doubtful. Murray's 5 on the 30th. Big bowling party happening next week and on his actual birthday he's having a meal out to Fabio's. Am very excited about his birthday but so sad that the last 5 years have passed so quickly. It's only really been the last 2 years that I have enjoyed being his mum and he's such a character these days. He's a complete fruit loop.

Anyway it's time I got sorted making some soup for this week. It's become so cold now but hopefully it won't get too cold.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel Lou! It just seems like one big merry go round of sleep, food, work and baths - only without the merry a lot of the time. I'd like to say it improves as they get older but now we are taking Jordan to football 3 times a week as well as other trps he wants to go on.

Never mind, just look forward to your retirement - and then there will be grand children no doubt!

Anyway have a great party and give Murray a hug from Alexander

Gail