Thursday, January 18, 2007

Mixed Emotions

Feeling strange today to say the least. I was quite excited this morning as our park tickets for Florida had arrived and it's 24 weeks until we go and currently we would be on a flight there in 24 weeks time.

Then I received an e-mail about a Friend's Friend, who had a baby boy last week. Sadly he' s not been a well baby since he was born and has been in the sick kids since he was a day old and I heard today that they are going to say their goodbyes. It's made me very sad that 2 wonderful people have had to suffer this horrible situation. I can't even begin to imagine how they are feeling right now as I have been extremely blessed. I will hug both my children tight tonight in the knowledge of what a lucky person I am.

Been at work this week. Had a nice week even though it was a long drive. I hate working so far away from home but the nursery was nice and I truly enjoyed being there. I actually felt like part of the team and was happy doing my own thing. It felt like I had come home in some way. Would happily go back there in the future if they need me. But it's back to the drawing board next week and somewhere new.

Just got a birthday to plan now. Keeping our secret as to what we are doing for her birthday has been hard due to her asking all the time. Hopefully she'll give it a rest soon. I can dream can't I?

Murray's horns seem to be out on a daily basis. Not sure at all as to what is going on with him. Think he is exercising his voice and making us aware he is part of the family. Well as long as I get my nice chirpy boy back at some point lol.

Back to the grindstone as I need to collect said horns shortly from nursery.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Horns must the fashion at the moment as Alexander has at least three pairs and often all at once.
Loving a cuddly one minute - a grouchy, crosspatch who hates everyone the next. No problem at school, just when with others his own age at the childminders and at home.
Maybe they will grow out of this 'Phrase' soon?
Oh and Alexander has decided he will have another birthday in September as he can't wait much longer to get some more presents!

Louise said...

LOL at the other birthday. What are our boys like?