



Ode to Gran by Amy
A very sad day came
In June 2009.
I had to say Goodbye
To a dear Grandmother of mine.
I try to recall
As often as I can
All the good times that I shared
With my very lovely Gran.
I cared for you deeply
In every way
And I have wonderful memories
Of you taking me on holiday.
You bought me ice cream
And we paddled in the sea.
You were the very best Gran
That there could ever be.
You used to read me stories
Whilst cuddling me close.
Not being able to see you
Is what I will miss most.
You always looked after me
And let me know that you cared.
Even though you were very ill
For your loss, I was not prepared.
Now you're an angel in heaven;
The brightest star in the sky.
You'll be sincerely missed
As the days and years go by.
You were such a special lady
And being your grandaughter makes me proud.
We'll celebrate your marvellous life
And no black will be allowed.
You were dearly loved
More than you ever would have believed.
Sleep tight dearest Gran.
Love Always and Forever, Louise

1 comment:
Beautiful post. nice pictures which I'm sure hold lots of great memories for you.
Quite scary though when I noticed ur gran was born in the same year my Dad was!
Anyway, enjoy ur memories, she's in peaceful place with God now.
Praying for you.
Dot x
Post a Comment